snow

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Hot Time in the Old Town

So, hubby comes home in 4 days. I have a list of things to do a mile long to prepare for his return. The last 4 weeks I have have avoided doing a lot of things that I wanted to have done by now. Just have to be sure to hide anything that may not need to be seen when he gets here! (Just kidding sweetie!)

What have I been doing with all my free time you might ask. Class knitting and teaching has taken up some of my time and also a secret project that I have been working on for some time. But all the class knitting is done and the secret knitting is almost done so in the next week I should be doing something that I have wanted to do for a while.

First up, I am going to cast on for some super cute little bathroom curtains. My bathroom has undergone a little color redo. It was looking really institutional with its belgian waffle color walls and all the white towels and clear shower curtain.Now I have beautiful green towels and a great new shower curtain and I will be adding some little linen knitted curtains with a cafe rod. I will be sure to let you see them!

I am sitting in Barnes and Noble (one of my favorite hang outs) having a decaf coffee. Some people might say, "decaf, what's the point!" but I am really caffeine sensitive and stay away from it after 5 pm. But I still love that delicious coffee flavor! The smell of coffee and books is almost the most sensual experience in the world! Almost.

Yesterday my friend, Roseanna, and I took a trip to Hillsborough, NC. We of course visited the Yarnshop, but we also found a really cute bookshop in the little town that has a big section on Hillsborough authors and apparently they are very prolific in that area. Roseanna and I both picked up books by Michael Malone. She got this one, and I picked up these two. I can't wait to dig in!

I know! You want to know what I got at the Hillsborough Yarnshop. Well I had a $20 card, so I picked up a beautiful skein of Pagewood Farms Alyeska in the Harvest colorway.

It was Hotttt in the Piedmont Triad region! Nevertheless, a great day!

Stay cool and take care "til the next time we meet!

1 comment:

Nana Sadie said...

Sounds like you had a great little roadtrip!
:)
(((hugs)))