snow

Friday, January 23, 2009

Wishing for Winter

This has been the view from my deck for the last several days.





That is our pond and it has been frozen, until today. We had a very warm day today. Not Winterish at all!


Now I realize there are a lot of folks out there that don't particularly like Winter, but I'm not one of them. I LOVE Winter, and I Love the shorter days. I know this puts me in a very small minority, but I just can't help that. It's not because of Skiing or any type of icy sports, and I don't care to have to be in the cold any more than necessary. But I do enjoy coming in out of the cold and feeling cozy and warm in my home. Fixing a hot meal for Hubby and I, curling up on the sofa for knitting and a little tv (or my new favorite, BBC radio), or reading a good book by lamplight while the dryer is working. Ahhhh, gotta love that white noise.

For me Winter is a time of rest, when I don't feel like there's a million things left undone at the end of the day.

Soon I will be leaving Winter and going back to Chang'an where I will be back in warm, slightly tropical temperatures. There may be a few cool days but my cold weather will be gone and when I return here again Spring will have sprung.

I would really enjoy it if I could see one snow, however small or large before I have to leave. So, just for me guys and gals, please think SNOW!!!

On Thursday, I started my February Lady Sweater and it is proving to be a fun knit. It's moving along rather quickly and hopefully will be done in time to wear when I leave.

This is the view from my 19th floor balcony in Chang'an.

1 comment:

Diana said...

Wow, what a view! I bet you hate to leave that but time away is temporary!
What yarn are you using for your Feb. Lady Sweater?