snow

Friday, February 20, 2009

Welcome To Our Home

Take the middle or left elevator, the one on the right will not bring you to my home. Get off the elevator and turn to the left. Come down this hallway



and turn left again. Welcome to house number 1902.



Come inside with me.



Here in front of you is the dining area and if you notice those white floors, that were black with soot, you will understand why I must ask you to remove your shoes. This is where we will store them for you.



Dining area.




The bananas are in season and the wine is readily available.



Let's take our wine and have a seat in the living room and watch a movie maybe,







or knit, or even stitch something. For the next three nights, I will be alone for the first time here, as hubby had to travel to another city for work. Last trip here we picked up all of the Audrey Hepburn movies at the DVD store, so this is the weekend for them!

Here is a great place to relax, look out the window or just get a little light.



These are a couple of things that I am working on.



The February Lady Sweater in Dream in Colors Classy Happy Forest. What a fun knit!!



Prairie Schooler Santa 1984. I tried to find a link but I think this one is no longer available. When in China you must cross stitch!!! It is ever so popular here.

Later, I will fix myself a little bit of dinner. This is the contents of our fridge.



Frozen Veggies,



Fresh Veggies, carrots, onions, and potatoes.



Milk, bread, cheese, sodas and, most importantly, water. We found jams, mayonnaise, elbow macaroni, and lots of other foods, and the fridge is stuffed to overflowing with good things.

My kitchen and just off the kitchen is the al fresco laundry room.







After eating, maybe a little more knitting and movie time, then I will take a shower, brush my teeth,





and probably head to bed with a good book.





If you would like to stay with me, there's a spare room for you.



And another bathroom for your use.



Hubbys office is a work in progress and hopefully we can get some things on the walls pretty soon as it is awfully bright in this solid white house! This is the office room as it is now. Hubby spends evenings here receiving and answering emails from the US. The time difference right now is 13 hours ahead so at 7am US time, it is 8pm here.



That is all I have for you today, thanks for visiting with me and, until I talk with you again, please say hello to all my neighbors and even my little neighbor who loves to play with his cars.













Talk to you all again soon. Have a great weekend!

5 comments:

Diana said...

Wow, very modern, lots of chrome and straight lines. And very high up!!! Glad you can call a place home now. Of course you are missed here!

Dianne said...

It's awesome Becky!! It may not be Southern Va..but it sure is pleasing to the eye..and I know you can make the best of it..Your decorating is very eye catching..I love they way..they are so compact..not so much 'fluff'...I feel we waste so much space here with 'stuff'..
Please keep us updated on your travels, stay..etc..and know you're missed daily!!
Hugs,
Dianne

Dana said...

Wow, Becky, now that was a POST! The tour was absolutely wonderful and the photographs really gave me a feel or at least, an idea, of where you are and what it's like. The city views are unreal.

Your apartment is adorable and you & Guy have made a very nice home for yourselves. I'm so happy for you and I can't imagine how busy you've been lately. Wow!

I hope you enjoyed your Audrey weekend (she was really something, wasn't she?). XOXOXO

Nikki said...

What a lovely home, Becky!!! I'm so glad you shared it with us! :)

Nikki said...
This comment has been removed by the author.